Cardiothoracic surgeon Oh Yeon joo’s (Han Hyo-joo) father mysteriously goes missing while writing the last chapter of his webtoon “W”. Yeon joo goes to his office and is shocked to see a scene of the dying Kang Chul (Lee Jong-suk), the main character of W, on her father’s computer. While reading a note left behind by her father, a hand from the monitor pulled her in and she finds herself on the rooftop of a building next to a bleeding man. She manages to save him and realizes that the person she saved was Kang Chul. Yeon joo later discovers that she can only leave the webtoon based on Kang Chul’s change in feelings. When that happens, the words ‘to be continued’ will appear and she will teleport back to the real world
A story with in a story…
I really found this series very thrilling with proper twists. the plot in every episode takes new unexpected turn making a person wanting to watch the next episode. the story itself is unique, with a person travelling from real world to the world to webtoons, falling in love with the protagonist of the webtoon.
The parts of the drama which i found interesting:
- The scene where Ms.Oh is pulled inside the monitor and tries to save the webtoon character, in spite of the confusion of being in a different world, meeting her favorite webtoon character Mr.chul in pool of blood, she treats him with her best efforts as a Doctor.
- The way the ” to be continued ” comes behind making Ms.Oh disappear from the world of webtoon. Later, when Ms.Oh realizes that she has to put Mr.Chul on a surprised expression to make “to be continued ” occur, so that she can get transported back to the world. She tried to use different logic’s to surprise Mr.Chul from slapping to kissing to getting naked in front of him.
- What ever happens between Ms.Oh and Mr.Chul gets updated in the webtoon automatically.
- The way Mr.Chul thinks to put back the problems to send Ms.Oh back to her world.
- I liked the conversation between Mr.Oh and Mr.Chul. where he tells that he cant shoot as he created the character in such a way, where Mr.Chul has to be righteous to his actions.
To be continued……..