It so happened that after designing few building I quit the organization for better prospects. So, i never got a chance to really see my building come up. finally here is my building where I am still present and seeing it come up. It feels so nice to see our own creation coming up isnt it?? But i am little disappointed, its a shed, but from far looks like a church. :P.
what did i do all day??
I booked so flight tickets for parents,In-laws and everybody in my family. First I thought It would be a second honeymoon for me.. But because of stupid hubby, it has ended up as family trip to Andaman. deals were actully good. But makes people spend a lot. For instance it happened with me. Had to Book tickets for Mom, MIL ans FIL for their geral swapping to take care of my daughter. and then 7 tickets to andaman. Still i am supposed to book 4 tickets for BIL’s family. I am running in negative money now. I also sponsered younger BIL’s family. THis means, No more trips this year. Hope FIL takes care of the accomodation part. :).
Did you guys book any ticket?? If not check out the offers in Spice jet and air india..
a forwarded mail. it is true. so thought of sharing it with you guys.. :).
“ARCHITECTS MAKE A LOT OF MONEY.”
This is not true. (But people assume it is.)
ARCHITECTS ARE USED TO LATE NIGHTS.
In theory, it shouldn’t be a problem to stay up all night for sexytime. But in reality, they probably pulled an all-nighter last night and are ready to crash at 8 tonight.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FAT ARCHITECT.
For some reason. I have no idea.
THINGS YOU NEVER EVEN KNEW EXISTED ARE NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT. THING. EVER.
“That is the ugliest f*cking radiator ever”, “How did they not align the light switch with the outlet?” “What’s your favorite kind of hinge?” “What’s your favorite CAD command?”
THEY’RE PROBABLY ANAL.
They probably have one of three “systems” for organizing their bookshelves: by color, by size (largest to smallest), by publisher. None of these make any sense and ironically provide the very opposite of “order”, but it doesn’t matter, because it looks better. In fact, they will have a “system” for everything, including organizing the fridge and how to put their clothes away. You might think it’s cute at first, an endearing quirk – until you realize how much of their precious little free time is consumed by obsessing over things that a) no one cares about and b) does not enhance their lives in any way.
AFTER A WHILE, YOU WILL ONLY HANG OUT WITH ARCHITECTS.
This happens. Hope you don’t just love your architect, but that you love ALL architects.
ARCHITECTS HANDLE RELATIONSHIP/LIFE STRESS WELL.
Because anything is less stressful than a deadline.
YOU WON’T GET STUDIO.
Prepare yourself for constant references to this mysterious place called “studio” that they spent every waking moment of their college lives in, and never being let on on the inside jokes, with explanations like “you had to be there” or “it was a lot funnier at four in the morning.”
THEY WILL BE COFFEE SNOBS.
If it’s not organically grown, economically sustainable and socially consciously harvested, and brewed in a vintage French Press OR a Chemex, chances are, they might politely decline your coffee. Until, four minutes later, they realize they’re caffeine deprived and, ethics be damned, this presentation needs to get to Dubai by 1AM…
ARCHITECTS ARE PASSIONATE, DEDICATED PEOPLE.
They didn’t get through 5 years of architectural school by being lazy, indifferent and stupid. (Need a first date conversation starter? Ask them about how many people dropped out of their program freshman year – they’ll be all too proud to tell you that “they were one of the few” who made it out unscathed.”) They know just enough about every culturally relevant artist, philosopher, composer etc to make them seem exceptionally worldly and cultured – your parents should love them. Keep in mind that it’s all a facade (no pun intended!) and that if you were to press them on any one of those topics, they’ll find a way to skillfully manipulate the conversation into some abstract “concept” and avoid being called out on not knowing shit.
- I reached chennai, earlier than expected as my flight got preponed. So, I had to attend an B’day party that day.
- next day, we didnt got out anywhere. It was cooling period of MIL. Had to help her cleaning the house and cooking. Me and Bunty did some sand art.
- We went to express avenue on Sunday.We didnt get any movie tickets. Hubby didnt allow me to enter any shop. he was sure that i would shop something. Actually he was scared what my MIL’s reaction would be if we shop and go. Still i managed to buy a anti-glare glasses and liked something which was not in discount. Now feeling bad as everybody around me in office are saying i am looking old and not stylish with the glasses. If i tell this to hubby, he is going to kick me. we went to Circus. Bunty enjoyed it a lot. she wanted to see more animals. we promised her that we will take her to zoo.
- Monday was jolly day as my mom was coming to pick me up. She asked if i wanted to go to T.Nagar. I was excited. But hubby said a big NO. Its festival time and we cant enter the street just like that. So, convinced him to take me to express avenue again. First i said lets but some salwar for bunty from fab-india. she has been asking for it from long. we didnt like anything, rather what we liked was very expensive. then we saw sale in SOCH was very tempting. I ended up buying two kurti’s, a salwar set, Dhoti pants and a saree. :). hope now you understand why hubby didnt take me inside any shop the previous day? Finally we reached my parents home.
- Rest of the days were spent visiting all near and dear once.
- Friday, we were back in chennai. on the way manged to make a short visit to the book fair.Bought few books for bunty.
- Saturday we traveled all day in train and reached vizag in midnight. Advice for parents who are travelling with kids. Its better to book ticket in 2 tier. the berth is wider than other. Both you and kid can mange to sleep. less people will be affected by the kids screaming and running.
- Sunday again was cleaning day. good part is Now left MIL at Chennai and brought Mom with me for few days. So no cooking for me. :).
- Monday. took the privilege of getting up at 8 in the morning. now, have to go for a site visit after great lunch. hope my building has come up the way i designed. :).
now a days, we really need to be careful while taking in front of Bunty. She just picks up the words which we never wanted her to use now.
we were browsing for something. A lady’s image popped up. So being little ignorant I was confused between Poonam Pandey and Sherlin chopra. Hubby with little enthu tried explain me. Little did we know that Bunty who is busy playing with her toys is over hearing us. She came to us and asked,” are we going to see Porn eating pop corn now”. hubby was dumb struck. I couldn’t control my laughter. Even When I am tying this I am finding it hard to control my laughter. I was just thinking, will a day come when Bunty would ask me to make pop-corn for her girls night out?. From then, it’s all signals used to various terms. Either we spell out the words or talk in ears.
another day, when I really didnt feel like cooking, asked hubby if we can go out for dinner. Hubby teasing questioned, ” If I am asking for a date?”. Bunty went out for bedroom and announced to In-laws that , she is going on date with her dad. Nobody should disturb them.
did you guys ever had such embarrassing moments because of kids?
By the time this post is published, I will be happily enjoying my time with Hubby and Bunty in Chennai. Yes guys, I will be in chennai for a week. Not sure if I will get time to write new post. SO, here I am scheduling posts for a week. I also made sure that I use this Blogmarathon for publishing Book reviews which I am supposed to write long back , but was little lazy to publish them. Don’t be surprised if you are going to 3-4 book reviews in a line.
SO what are you guys doing this Pongal?? This reminds me, did you guys check out the holiday list this year. I am so happy that only 2 holidays are going waste on a Sunday. Or else its perfect year for taking your CL’s and EL/PL. If you have not seen, Check out October month. 2nd, 3rd and 6th are holidays. without you taking any leave, you get 5 days holiday. I am already planning so much for that month. Didn’t I tempt you on a Sunday morning. Enjoy your holiday.
Note: all this is fun, only if you have a 5 day a week. In case you are working on a Saturday or abroad, sorry guys. :P. ( sticks out tongue)
Click the link to download-for blog
Most of the days i forget when i paid which bill. There are so many organizers available. few colourful, few for stay at home moms. But I always feel comfortable when its in excel sheet, where i can give simple formula for addition-subtraction and get net result. SO, here is my attempt in making one. Please give your feed back on it. It can be edited and customized. I have just put what all I thought is useful. In case you found a better tracker, Please let me know.
sheet-1- its gives the general expense. You can start the list with simple milk, to expense of hobby to kids school fees.
sheet-2- it gives month wise expense and also yearly view. you will know where to cut down the expense each month. you will also know the fluctuation of expense. says in summer your electricity bill can be high due to AC usage etc .
Sheet-3- you can call it transaction dates. when you paid how much for what.
sheet-4- this is to know how much net balance you are left out with each month.
sheet-5 months view. its calendar format. either to remember the dates or transaction.
its just the beginning. I thought with your help, by end of few months, I will be able to make a perfect planner. something generic too. If its useful, why not circulate to others.
Just the word MY HOME brings in lots of happiness to me. Who would have a dream home?. I am sure most of us have a dream home in our mind. some of us fulfill our wises, some reach it near, and for some it just stays as dream.
I think with current economic statistics, most of us spend all our savings to build our Dream home. We put in so many ideas, interact with planners, Architects, Interior decors . We plan, budget it , wait and fulfill our dreams is it?
here let me explain my dream house, a beautiful home.
everybody has their own requirements based on needs. I look for a duplex in an apartment. Yes, I want to stay connected with other and yet have a feeling of staying in a independent house. I need three bedrooms, an open kitchen with dining. A formal and Informal living room. A big sit out.
now that my needs are established. I get into planning. I don’t believe in vastu, but I believe in science. I need natural light entering my home, and good breeze to prevail. So, I orient my apartment to the prevailing wind direction. A good light always makes a home warm and bright. I also save on energy use.
for the exterior painting of the apartment. As its a tall building, its nice if we stick on to the lighter shades, as it doesn’t obstruct or distract a traveler view, or a vehicle riders eyes. Still to add in a details, only for the sit out and balcony, bright colour is used. IT balances the look of the building, and breaks the monotony. I am going to used, Asian paint Apex weatherproof emulison. Asian Paints Apex Weatherproof Emulsion is a smooth, water-based, modified acrylic, exterior wall finish with silicon additives.
Apex is specially formulated to withstand extreme tropical conditions of high rainfall, humidity and heat.
Apex provides extremely good protection against alkali and UV degradation, thus ensuring that the shade doesn’t fade for a long time and the paint lasts longer.
Apex provides excellent resistance from growth of algae and fungi on the walls. This prevents appearance of black spots due to algal growth.
to give an idea here I have a example of Charles Chorea’s Kanchanjunga apartment, located in Mumbai. Now that we have done the planning part, let get into the details.
the following are the tips given in Asian Paint website. I like it a lot. I am going to use thier ideas to make my home a better home.
Following are the primary ways of making colour combinations
- Monochromatic- ( i am going to use them for Bedrooms)
- Complementary ( for the sit out)
- Analogous ( for the kitchen and study)
- Do not use more than two primary colours in one room
- Too many colours in a room create chaos
- Build the colours in the room around the colour of the feature wall
- Dark colour should be used against a light background
- Accents or strong colours provide points of focus in a room
- Keep the background colour white / light / toned down to highlight details like accents or trim or niches / corners etc
- Use warm accents in a cool colour scheme
- Dark rooms require plenty of light and need to be painted in light colours
- Rooms used at night need colours that look best in artificial lights – white or yellow
- Large areas may be painted with dark and bright colours
- Identical colours on wall and woodwork create a clean and uncluttered look
- Colours of natural material need to be considered while planning the room
- Colours of the upholstery / carpet and curtains have to be in sync with the wall colours. They can either be in analogous or complementary combinations with the wall colour.
Red colour adds in life to the building. Its kind of a warm colour which adds in boldness to the room. Hence i would like to experiment the brick red colour on my walls.
children bedroom 2:
a child bedroom, should have little more of colours, yet not disturbing the taste or personality of the kid. Here the tree adds in a little creativity. the bed cum storage provides more space to the room. Bringing in natural light inside the room gives a live spirit to the room. Blue is the colour of my kids bedroom.
I am going for a must plain look here. Simple reason, I dont like any distraction in my study area. It needs to have a bookshelf, table and nice light. So, making the room with wooden finish gives in all the attributes required.
Sit out, is nice when its bright. It needs to add colour to the home. Brighter colour needs little less of maintenance, so when its outside, even if we don’t clean it regularly, it should looks bright and nice.
this post is written as part of Asian Paints Home Solutions contest .
I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter. She picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. ‘Why?’ my daughter asked. ‘Because it’s been on the ground; you don’t know where it’s been; it’s dirty; and it probably has germs,’ I replied. At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, ‘Mum, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart.’ I was thinking quickly and replied, ‘All moms know this stuff. It’s on the Mom Test. You have to know it, or they don’t let you be a Mom.’ We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. ‘Oh….I get it!’ she beamed, ‘So if you don’t pass the test you have to be the dad.’ ‘Exactly,’ I replied with a big smile on my face. When you’re finished laughing, send this to a Mom.